Friday, January 22, 2010

Julie & Julia and Blogging

I just finished watching the film "Julie & Julia". It was an interesting film to watch given that I read the Julie Powell book several months ago. While I was watching it I thought about the whole blogging "thing". First of all, it's very clear to me that nobody reads my blog. So why should I bother? I've been told over and over that it's a good thing to do if I'm looking for a job. Some potential employer might be out there checking me out.

right!

I'll try not to laugh to hard!

I suppose it could happen though... and I suppose more people would read this blog if I actually posted to it more frequently.

I can't think of a "theme" that I could right about every day however like Julie Powell that is interesting and will keep people coming back day after day. I would like to write about technical issues in libraries but it would hard for me to write about that every day.

So I've decided to write about what I know best. Music and movies. I always wanted to be a music or film critic. I'm also very interested in getting an adult reference job working with music and film. So why not go with what I know and love? If nothing else it should improve my writing skills. I'm going to try to start putting something up on the blog almost every day. We'll see how this goes.

No comments: